Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
Quotations by Author
- My Karma ran over your dogma.
- Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional.
- People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
- The human race is faced with a cruel choice: work or daytime television.
- The wages of sin are unreported.
- Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become your character.
Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.
- What if this weren't a hypothetical question?
- Whoever does not love his work cannot hope that it will please others.
- We have staked the whole future of American civilization, not upon the power of government, far from it. We have staked the future of all of our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind of self-government; upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God.
- Unknown, (attributed incorrectly to James Madison)
- Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
- Unknown, (often attributed to Albert Camus)
- If you wait for tomorrow, tomorrow comes. If you don't wait for tomorrow, tomorrow comes.
- Unknown, African Proverb
- Just once, I wish we would encounter an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets.
- Unknown, Brigader Lethbridge-Stewart in "Dr. Who"
- Oh, come on. If you can't laugh at the walking dead, who can you laugh at?
- Unknown, Dan Fielding in "Night Court"
- Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity.
- Unknown, Hanlon's Razor
- He is not deemed to give consent who is under a mistake.
- Unknown, Latin Legal Phrase
- An act against my will is not my act.
- Unknown, Legal Maxim
- I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . Corporations have been enthroned, an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money-power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until the wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.
- Unknown, Often attributed to Abraham Lincoln
- Never lose hope.
- Unknown, Polish Slogan
- Where a calculator on the ENIAC is equipped with 18,000 vacuum tubes and weighs 30 tons, computers in the future may have only 1,000 vaccuum tubes and perhaps weigh 1.5 tons.
- unknown, Popular Mechanics, March 1949
- Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.
- Unknown, quoted by Jim Horning
- If you don't find it in the index, look very carefully through the entire catalogue.
- Unknown, Sears, Roebuck, and Co. Consumer's Guide, 1897
- J.F.K.--The Man and the Airport
- Unknown, Suggested book title
- All general statements are false.
- Unknown, The Ultimate Law
- Since wars begin in the minds of men, it is in the minds of men that the defence of peace must be constructed.
- Unknown, UNESCO Constitution
- 173 Quotations in other collections
Search for Unknown at Amazon.com