Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - September 19, 2014
- The people I distrust most are those who want to improve our lives but have only one course of action.
- Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)
- A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip.
- Caskie Stinnett, Out of the Red (1960)
- Nobody in the game of football should be called a genius. A genius is somebody like Norman Einstein.
- Joe Theismann, Former quarterback
- Making duplicate copies and computer printouts of things no one wanted even one of in the first place is giving America a new sense of purpose.
- Andy Rooney (1919 - )
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.