Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - September 19, 2014
- When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe.
- John Muir (1838 - 1914), My First Summer in the Sierra, 1911
- What a grand thing, to be loved! What a grander thing still, to love!
- Victor Hugo (1802 - 1885)
- Don't flatter yourself that friendship authorizes you to say disagreeable things to your intimates. The nearer you come into relation with a person, the more necessary do tact and courtesy become. Except in cases of necessity, which are rare, leave your friend to learn unpleasant things from his enemies; they are ready enough to tell them.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes (1809 - 1894), The Autocrat of the Breakfast-Table, 1858
- Funny business, a woman's career: the things you drop on the way up the ladder so you can move faster. You forget you'll need them again when you get back to being a woman. It's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted.
- Joseph L. Mankiewicz (1909 - 1993), in All About Eve
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.