Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - June 24, 2016
- If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us least live so as to deserve it.
- Immanuel Hermann Fichte
- We live in a time of transition, an uneasy era which is likely to endure for the rest of this century. During the period we may be tempted to abandon some of the time-honored principles and commitments which have been proven during the difficult times of past generations. We must never yield to this temptation. Our American values are not luxuries, but necessities - not the salt in our bread, but the bread itself.
- Jimmy Carter (1924 - ), in his farewell address
- If you are pained by external things, it is not they that disturb you, but your own judgment of them. And it is in your power to wipe out that judgment now.
- Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (121 AD - 180 AD)
- My one aim was to do a thing well and to excel if possible.
- Josephine demott Robinson, O Magazine, December 2003
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.