Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
The following quotations were randomly selected from the collections selected below .
- Sometimes love will pick you up by the short hairs...and jerk the heck out of you.
- Denise Dobbs, Northern Exposure, Survival of the Species, 1993
- Keep cool and you command everybody.
- Louis de Saint-Just (1767 - 1794)
- There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way.
- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)
- Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself and know that everything in this life has a purpose.
- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
- My mother buried three husbands, and two of them were just napping.
- Rita Rudner
- I'm sure a lot of you had this experience when you're changing. You're growing as a person and people tend to treat you like you were 18 months ago, and it's really frustrating sometimes when you're growing up and you're more capable. It's the same thing with a company and the press. The press is going to have a lag time. The best thing we can do about the press is embrace them and do the best thing we can to educate them about our strategy. But to keep our eye on the prize, that is turning out some great products. the press and the stock prize will take care of themselves.
- Steve Jobs (1955 - 2011), Apple WWDC Closing Keynote, 1997
- God made everything out of nothing, but the nothingness shows through.
- Paul Valery (1871 - 1945)
- If men saw that a term was set to their troubles, they would find strength in some way to withstand the hocus-pocus and intimidations of the prophets.
- Lucretius (96 BC - 55 BC), On the Nature of the Universe
- The whole dream of democracy is to raise the proletarian to the level of stupidity attained by the bourgeois.
- Gustave Flaubert (1821 - 1880)
- Strong lives are motivated by dynamic purposes.
- Kenneth Hildebrand
- I don't understand the sizes anymore. There's a size zero, which I didn't even know that they had. It must stand for: 'Ohhh my God, you're thin.'
- Ellen DeGeneres
- Character is the basis of happiness and happiness the sanction of character.
- George Santayana (1863 - 1952)
- Cocooned inside our private dramas we often donít realize life is rolling by us like it should.
- Waiter Rant, Waiter Rant weblog, 08-29-06
- There is nothing new under the sun but there are lots of old things we don't know.
- Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914), The Devil's Dictionary
- Oh, what a dear ravishing thing is the beginning of an Amour!
- Aphra Behn
- All that is human must retrograde if it does not advance.
- Edward Gibbon (1737 - 1794)
- The noun of self becomes a verb. This flashpoint of creation in the present moment is where work and play merge.
- Stephen Nachmanovitch
- You try to give away what you want yourself.
- Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory", 1996
- Thatís the thing about pain, it demands to be felt.
- John Green, The Fault in Our Stars, 2012
- I was so naive as a kid I used to sneak behind the barn and do nothing.
- Johnny Carson (1925 - 2005)