Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
The following quotations were randomly selected from the collections selected below .
- Know the true value of time; snatch, seize, and enjoy every moment of it. No idleness; no laziness; no procrastination; never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.
- Lord Chesterfield (1694 - 1773)
- You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun.
- Al Capone (1899 - 1947)
- Nothing so fortifies a friendship as a belief on the part of one friend that he is superior to the other.
- Honore de Balzac (1799 - 1850)
- Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
- Theodore Roosevelt (1858 - 1919), Speech in New York, September 7, 1903
- An intelligence test sometimes shows a man how smart he would have been not to have taken it.
- Laurence J. Peter (1919 - 1988)
- There's a difference between a philosophy and a bumper sticker.
- Charles M. Schulz (1922 - 2000)
- Keeping your body healthy is an expression of gratitude to the whole cosmos - the trees, the clouds, everything.
- Thich Nhat Hanh
- Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pound ought and six, result misery.
- Charles Dickens (1812 - 1870), David Copperfield, 1849
- The future will erase everything—there’s no level of fame or genius that allows you to transcend oblivion. The infinite future makes that kind of mattering impossible.
- John Green, An Abundance of Katherines, 2008
- The world is round; it has no point.
- Adrienne E. Gusoff
- Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (1859 - 1930), (Sherlock Holmes) Valley of Fear, 1915
- We think having faith means being convinced God exists in the same way we are convinced a chair exists. People who cannot be completely convinced of God’s existence think faith is impossible for them. Not so. People who doubt can have great faith because faith is something you do, not something you think. In fact, the greater your doubt the more heroic your faith.
- Gordon Atkinson, RealLivePreacher.com Weblog, December 26, 2002
- The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes.
- Harold B. Lee (1899 - 1973)
- Learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all.
- Michael Masser and Linda Creed
- I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them.
- Ian Fleming (1908 - 1964)
- I am an atheist, myself. A simple faith, but a great comfort to me, in these last days.
- Lois McMaster Bujold
- My definition of a free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular.
- Adlai E. Stevenson Jr. (1900 - 1965), Speech in Detroit, 7 Oct. 1952
- Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769 - 1821)
- A friend told me that each morning when we get up we have to decide whether we are going to save or savor the world. I don't think that is the decision. It's not an either-or, save or savor. We have to do both, save and savor the world.
- Kate Clinton
- Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
- Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900)