Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - February 20, 2017
- There are grammatical errors even in his silence.
- Stanislaw J. Lec (1909 - 1966), "Unkempt Thoughts"
- Television has raised writing to a new low.
- Samuel Goldwyn (1882 - 1974)
- What is the difference between unethical and ethical advertising? Unethical advertising uses falsehoods to deceive the public; ethical advertising uses truth to deceive the public.
- Vilhjalmur Stefansson (1879 - 1962), "Discovery", 1964
- I have suffered a great deal from writers who have quoted this or that sentence of mine either out of its context or in juxtaposition to some incongruous matter which quite distorted my meaning , or destroyed it altogether.
- Alfred North Whitehead (1861 - 1947)
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.