Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
Quotations by Author
- A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt, radio address, Oct. 26, 1939
- Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt, radio address, October 26, 1939
- The true conservative is the man who has a real concern for injustices and takes thought against the day of reckoning.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt, Speech in Syracuse, NY Sep. 29, 1936
- In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt, Speech, September 22, 1936
- Happiness lies not in the mere possession of money. It lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt, Speeches... in the Trial of Warren Hastings, May 5, 1789
- 14 Quotations in other collections
Search for Franklin D. Roosevelt at Amazon.com
Showing quotations 21 to 25 of 25 total.