Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
Quotations by Author
- Familiarity breed contempt.
- Aesop, The Fox and the Lion
- Self-conceit may lead to self-destruction.
- Aesop, The Frog and the Ox
- Thinking to get at once all the gold the goose could give, he killed it and opened it only to find - nothing.
- Aesop, The Goose with the Golden Eggs
- Slow and steady wins the race.
- Aesop, The Hare and the Tortoise
- It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds.
- Aesop, The Jay and the Peacock
- No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.
- Aesop, The Lion and the Mouse
- While I see many hoof marks going in, I see none coming out. It is easier to get into the enemy's toils than out again.
- Aesop, The Lion, the Fox, and the Beasts
- I will have nought to do with a man who can blow hot and cold with the same breath.
- Aesop, The Man and the Satyr
- Do not count your chickens before they are hatched.
- Aesop, The Milkmaid and Her Pail
- We would often be sorry if our wishes were gratified.
- Aesop, The Old Man and Death
- A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety.
- Aesop, The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse
- Any excuse will serve a tyrant.
- Aesop, The Wolf and the Lamb
- Appearances often are deceiving.
- Aesop, The Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
- 6 Quotations in other collections
Search for Aesop at Amazon.com
Showing quotations 21 to 33 of 33 total.