Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
Quotations by Subject
- The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
- Alan Kay
- I never think of the future - it comes soon enough.
- Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
- In the future everyone will be famous for fifteen minutes.
- Andy Warhol (1928 - 1987)
- The future will be better tomorrow.
- Dan Quayle (1947 - )
- The future is much like the present, only longer.
- Dan Quisenberry
- A preoccupation with the future not only prevents us from seeing the present as it is but often prompts us to rearrange the past.
- Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983), The Passionate State of Mind, 1954
- Not much longer shall we have time for reading lessons of the past. An inexorable present calls us to the defense of a great future.
- Henry Luce
- The future is an opaque mirror. Anyone who tries to look into it sees nothing but the dim outlines of an old and worried face.
- Jim Bishop, New York Journal-American, March 14, 1959
- We have come too far, we have sacrificed too much, to disdain the future now.
- John F. Kennedy (1917 - 1963)
- The future, according to some scientists, will be exactly like the past, only far more expensive.
- John Sladek
- A man that donít believe in destiny donít need to know what his destiny is.
- Laura Moncur (1969 - ), Merriton, 08-20-08
- Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.
- Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (121 AD - 180 AD), Meditations, 200 A.D.
- When you relinquish the desire to control your future, you can have more happiness.
- Nicole Kidman, in The Scotsman
- Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future.
- Niels Bohr (1885 - 1962)
- The trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be.
- Paul Valery (1871 - 1945)
- I have seen the future and it doesn't work.
- Robert Fulford
- The world is full of people whose notion of a satisfactory future is, in fact, a return to the idealised past.
- Robertson Davies, "A Voice from the Attic", 1960
- Time is just something that we assign. You know, past, present, it's just all arbitrary. Most Native Americans, they don't think of time as linear; in time, out of time, I never have enough time, circular time, the Stevens wheel. All moments are happening all the time.
- Robin Green and Mitchell Burgess, Northern Exposure, Hello, I Love You, 1994
- If we open a quarrel between the past and the present, we shall find that we have lost the future.
- Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)
- The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.
- Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965), Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943
- Life wouldn't be worth living if I worried over the future as well as the present.
- W. Somerset Maugham (1874 - 1965), 'Of Human Bondage', 1915
- The future is here. It's just not widely distributed yet.
- William Gibson (1948 - )
- The future ain't what it used to be.
- Yogi Berra (1925 - )