Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
Quotations by Subject
- A sign of celebrity is that his name is often worth more than his services.
- Daniel J. Boorstin (1914 - )
- A celebrity is a person who works hard all his life to become well known, then wears dark glasses to avoid being recognized.
- Fred Allen (1894 - 1956)
- A celebrity is one who is known to many persons he is glad he doesn't know.
- H. L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
- The nice thing about being a celebrity is that when you bore people, they think it's their fault.
- Henry Kissinger (1923 - )
- Living in L.A., everyone likes to mold you and change you. I don't care about fame, I don't care about being a celebrity. I know that's part of the job, but I don't feed into anyone's idea of who I should be.
- Jessica Alba
- I had an epiphany a few years ago where I was out at a celebrity party and it suddenly dawned on me that I had yet to meet a celebrity who is as smart and interesting as any of my friends.
- Moby, quoted on CNN.com, March 2005
- When once a man has made celebrity necessary to his happiness, he has put it in the power of the weakest and most timorous malignity, if not to take away his satisfaction, at least to withhold it. His enemies may indulge their pride by airy negligence and gratify their malice by quiet neutrality.
- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)