Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
Quotations by Subject
- If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer.
- Alfred North Whitehead (1861 - 1947)
- It's funny how dogs and cats know the inside of folks better than other folks do, isn't it?
- Eleanor H. Porter (1868 - 1920), Pollyanna, 1912
- I honestly don't know how you live without having a cat inside your house. It's like having a little living piece of art that is also very warm and soft.
- Hank Green, Vlogbrothers, Cat GIF Critique, 04-26-13
- Cats and monkeys; monkeys and cats; all human life is there.
- Henry James (1843 - 1916)
- Cats regard people as warmblooded furniture.
- Jacquelyn Mitchard, The Deep End of the Ocean
- Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow.
- Jeff Valdez
- Nature abhors a vacuum, but not as much as cats do.
- Lee Entrekin
- Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.
- Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), Mark Twain's Notebook, 1935
- I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
- Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)
- "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.
"Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice."
- Terry Pratchett, Sourcery
- Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function.