Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
Quotations by Subject
- In case you're worried about what's going to become of the younger generation, it's going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.
- Roger Allen
- Nothing can be so amusingly arrogant as a young man who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own.
- Sidney J. Harris
- There's something amazing about the passion of youth and its power to sustain. If there's a more powerful energy source, I don't know about it.
- Takayuki Ikkaku, Arisa Hosaka and Toshihiro Kawabata, Animal Crossing: Wild World, 2005
- We are none of us infallible--not even the youngest of us.
- W. H. Thompson
- It is an illusion that youth is happy, an illusion of those who have lost it; but the young know they are wretched for they are full of the truthless ideal which have been instilled into them, and each time they come in contact with the real, they are bruised and wounded.
- W. Somerset Maugham (1874 - 1965), 'Of Human Bondage', 1915
- The dead might as well try to speak to the living as the old to the young.
- Willa Cather (1873 - 1947)
- We have some salt of our youth in us.
- William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616), "The Merry Wives of Windsor", Act 2 scene 3