Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
Quotations by Subject
- Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.
- Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)
- That's the secret to life... replace one worry with another....
- Charles M. Schulz (1922 - 2000), Charlie Brown
- What worries you masters you.
- Haddon W. Robinson
- Worries go down better with soup than without.
- Jewish Proverb
- Worrying helps you some—it seems as if you were doing something when you're worrying.
- L. M. Montgomery (1874 - 1942), Anne of Green Gables, 1908
- Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything.
- Mary Hemingway
- It is generally true that, the more preparations one has for an event, the more inconveniently fast the event will occur.
- Monica Fairview, Darcy Cousins, 2010
- If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?
- We have been taught to believe that negative equals realistic and positive equals unrealistic.
- Susan Jeffers