Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
Quotations by Subject
- People often say that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder,' and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing that you are the beholder. This empowers us to find beauty in places where others have not dared to look, including inside ourselves.
- Salma Hayek
- What you do, the way you think, makes you beautiful.
- Scott Westerfeld, Uglies, 2005
- There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.
- Sir Francis Bacon (1561 - 1626), "Of Beauty"
- There's something almost perfect in the ugly duckling syndrome. Because a sensitivity is tattooed on a part of you no one else can see but can somehow guess is there.
- Stephanie Klein, Moose, 2008
- Eye contact is the best accessory.
- Takayuki Ikkaku, Arisa Hosaka and Toshihiro Kawabata, Animal Crossing: Wild World, 2005
- If there is one thing worse than being an ugly duckling in a house of swans, it's having the swans pretend there's no difference.
- Teena Booth, Falling From Fire