Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - May 05, 2013
- Early to rise and early to bed makes a male healthy and wealthy and dead.
- James Thurber (1894 - 1961), New Yorker, Feb. 18, 1939 "The Shrike and the Chipmunks"
- Some for renown, on scraps of learning dote,
And think they grow immortal as they quote.
- Edward Young (1683 - 1765), Love of Fame (satire I, l. 89)
- The price of freedom of religion, or of speech, or of the press, is that we must put up with a good deal of rubbish.
- Robert Jackson
- That's what college is for - getting as many bad decisions as possible out of the way before you're forced into the real world. I keep a checklist of 'em on the wall in my room.
- Jeph Jacques, Questionable Content, 01-04-07
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.