Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - April 18, 2013
- I don't deserve this award, but I have arthritis and I don't deserve that either.
- Jack Benny (1894 - 1974)
- It is dangerous to be sincere unless you are also stupid.
- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950), Man and Superman (1903) "Maxims for Revolutionists"
- I have suffered a great deal from writers who have quoted this or that sentence of mine either out of its context or in juxtaposition to some incongruous matter which quite distorted my meaning , or destroyed it altogether.
- Alfred North Whitehead (1861 - 1947)
- A girl phoned me the other day and said "Come on over, there's nobody home." I went over. Nobody was home.
- Rodney Dangerfield (1921 - 2004)
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.