Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - March 07, 2013
- Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.
- Voltaire (1694 - 1778)
- A good friend can tell you what is the matter with you in a minute. He may not seem such a good friend after telling.
- Arthur Brisbane, "The Book of Today"
- We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin (1903 - 1977)
- Nothing surely is as potent as a law that may not be disobeyed. It has the force of the water drop that hollows the stone. A small dainty task, if it be really daily, will beat the labours of a spasmodic Hercules.
- Anthony Trollope (1815 - 1882), We Have Met the Enemy: Self-Control in an Age of Excess, 2011
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.