Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - December 27, 2012
- Sure there are dishonest men in local government. But there are dishonest men in national government too.
- Richard M. Nixon (1913 - 1994)
- What is the difference between unethical and ethical advertising? Unethical advertising uses falsehoods to deceive the public; ethical advertising uses truth to deceive the public.
- Vilhjalmur Stefansson (1879 - 1962), "Discovery", 1964
- There are two things that will be believed of any man whatsoever, and one of them is that he has taken to drink.
- Booth Tarkington (1869 - 1946), Penrod (1914)
- A good relationship is like fireworks: loud, explosive, and liable to maim you if you hold on too long.
- Jeph Jacques, Questionable Content, 11-14-08
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.