Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - March 04, 2014
- The number of guests at dinner should not be less than the number of the Graces nor exceed that of the Muses, i.e., it should begin with three and stop at nine.
- Marcus Terentius Varro (116 BC - 27 BC)
- The greatest minds are capable of the greatest vices as well as of the greatest virtues.
- Rene Descartes (1596 - 1650), 'Le Discours de la Methode,' 1637
- Hope doesn't come from calculating whether the good news is winning out over the bad. It's simply a choice to take action.
- Anna Lappe, O Magazine, June 2003
- We can learn nothing except by going from the known to the unknown.
- Claude Bernard (1813 - 1878)
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.