Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - September 18, 2013
- It is wonderful how quickly you get used to things, even the most astonishing.
- Edith Nesbitt
- When all is said and done, the weather and love are the two elements about which one can never be sure.
- Alice Hoffman, 'Here on Earth'
- The only real prison is fear, and the only real freedom is freedom from fear.
- Aung San Suu Kyi (1945 - )
- A self that is only differentiated - not integrated - may attain great individual accomplishments, but risks being mired in self-centered egotism. By the same token, a person who self is based exclusively on integration will be well connected and secure, but lack autonomous individuality. Only when a person invests equal amounts of psychic energy in these two processes and avoids both selfishness and conformity is the self likely to relect complexity.
- Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience, 1990
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.