Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - September 14, 2013
- A man may well bring a horse to the water but he cannot make him drink.
- John Heywood (1497 - 1580)
- Cats regard people as warmblooded furniture.
- Jacquelyn Mitchard, The Deep End of the Ocean
- The pleasure of love is in loving.
- Francois de La Rochefoucauld (1613 - 1680)
- When you get angry at your ex, only about 10 percent of your anger can be attributed to the current situation. The other 90 percent comes from your past experiences with your ex, as well as those with your parents, caregivers, and other significant people in your past. The current situation has simply triggered your past anger and allowed it to resurface. Itís been said that if youíre hysterical, the cause is probably historical.
- Julie A., M.A. Ross and Judy Corcoran, Joint Custody with a Jerk: Raising a Child with an Uncooperative Ex, 2011
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.