Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - May 11, 2013
- A pound of pluck is worth a ton of luck.
- James A. Garfield (1831 - 1881)
- Be courteous to all, but intimate with few; and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
- George Washington (1732 - 1799)
- The public does not like you to mislead or represent yourself to be something you're not. And the other thing that the public really does like is the self-examination to say, you know, I'm not perfect. I'm just like you. They don't ask their public officials to be perfect. They just ask them to be smart, truthful, honest, and show a modicum of good sense.
- Ann Richards
- Anyone can lose a few pounds, but not everyone has the tools to stick with it.
- Jennifer Hudson, I Got This: How I Changed My Ways and Lost What Weighed Me Down, 2012
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.