Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - April 24, 2013
- I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions.
- Dorothy Day (1897 - 1980), The Long Loneliness, 1952
- Please give me some good advice in your next letter. I promise not to follow it.
- Edna St. Vincent Millay (1892 - 1950), Letters
- It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.
- Mahatma Gandhi (1869 - 1948)
- Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity. Don't fight them. Just find a different way to stand.
- Oprah Winfrey (1954 - ), O Magazine, October 2002
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.