Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - April 16, 2013
- I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction.
- Ayn Rand (1905 - 1982), Anthem, 1946
- Despise not any man, and do not spurn anything; for there is no man who has not his hour, nor is there anything that has not its place.
- Ben Azai, Mishna
- When you leave college, there are thousands of people out there with the same degree you have; when you get a job, there will be thousands of people doing what you want to do for a living. But you are the only person alive who has sole custody of your life.
- Anna Quindlen (1953 - ), A Short Guide to a Happy Life, 2000
- People who learn to control inner experience will be able to determine the quality of their lives, which is as close as any of us can come to being happy.
- Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience, 1990
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.