Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - December 19, 2012
- I truly feel that there are as many ways of loving as there are people in the world and as there are days in the life of those people.
- Mary S. Calderone
- Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone. The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of nonessentials.
- Lin Yutang
- A self that is only differentiated - not integrated - may attain great individual accomplishments, but risks being mired in self-centered egotism. By the same token, a person who self is based exclusively on integration will be well connected and secure, but lack autonomous individuality. Only when a person invests equal amounts of psychic energy in these two processes and avoids both selfishness and conformity is the self likely to relect complexity.
- Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience, 1990
- You will never truly know yourself or the strength of your relationships until both have been tested by adversity.
- J. K. Rowling, Harvard Commencement Address, 2008
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.