Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - December 17, 2012
- A smiling face is half the meal.
- Latvian Proverb
- That would be a good thing for them to cut on my tombstone: Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment.
- Dorothy Parker (1893 - 1967), 'But the One on the Right,' in New Yorker, 1929
- The law is not so much carved in stone as it is written in water, flowing in and out with the tide.
- Jeff Melvoin, Northern Exposure, Crime and Punishment, 1992
- I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.
- E. B. White (1899 - 1985)
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.